We are proud to be part of the Suffolk Children's University. This gives our pupils a unique opportunity to take part in this aspirational organistion.
The Aims of The Children's University
For every child that takes part in Children’s University, we want the following outcomes:
- They feel they have grown in confidence and self-belief
- They have enjoyed new experiences, in new places and want to keep exploring
- They believe they have a broader range of essential skills
- They feel empowered to make positive choices about their future
- They see learning that is fun, aspirational and lifelong
- They feel their eyes have been opened to a multiplicity of learning activities and opportunities
- They feel celebrated for their commitment to learning by their family, school and community.
What is the Children’s University?
Information, including a video animation, can be found on their website www.suffolkchildrensuniversity.co.uk.
- Children who join the Children’s University are issued with their own ‘Passport to Learning’.
- They collect stamp codes in their Passport recording the amount of time they spend taking part in learning activities, beyond the school day. They will be able to collect stamps for:
- All of our after school clubs they attend
- activities that they are already doing at different groups and clubs outside of school e.g. Beavers, Cubs etc.
- other learning providers across Suffolk, Essex and nationally too. These can be found on the website
- a range of learning challenges which can easily be completed at home. These can be found on the website, as well as being sent out periodically via email. These are specifically designed to be as inexpensive as possible to complete.
This culminates with the children taking part in their own special graduation ceremonies.
Have a look at their website to find out more.
Science 'Letterbox' Box
Our Year 5 pupils have all taken home a special Science box which lots of resources and activities which they can complete at home over the holiday. Here's a sneak peek at what is inside.