PE and Sport Premium
The Government provides every primary school with PE and Sport Premium funding. We must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the school games
- Run sports activities with other school
In Key Stage 2 all of our pupils have a term of swimming each year. With Year 5 and 6 swimming in the Autumn term, and Year 3 and 4 in the Spring term. Our Year 6 pupils have been working hard at their swimming proficiency:
- 93% can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over at least 25m
- 71% can use a range of strokes effectively
- 71% can perform a safe self rescue in different water-based situations.
Academic Year 2018-19.