Behaviour and Discipline
We are proud of the calm, friendly, welcoming atmosphere of this school and of the relationships between staff, pupils and carers.
We feel that it is important for children to strive for high standards both academically and socially. Through discussions incorporated into the curriculum and highlighted in assemblies, pupils are encouraged to consider what should be appropriate behaviour in the school context.
The following simple rule is displayed in each classroom:
We should all try to:
- behave sensibly at all times;
- care for others.
The school has policies on behaviour, attendance and equality. Each child is encouraged to understand the school’s rules and how and why they apply to them.
Pupils are encouraged to:
- Show respect for the work and opinions of others
- Behave appropriately in class so that they and others can work effectively
- Be punctual
- Come suitably dressed for school
- Be polite and courteous at all times
- Never hit or hurt anyone
- Walk, not run, in school
- Keep the school tidy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour Policy Version 16
- Complaints Policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Nacton CofE Primary Local Offer January 2017
- Special Educational Needs Policy v15
- SEN Information Report
- Accessibility Plan
Link to the St Edmundsbury and Ipswich MAT policy page is below (including health, safety and welfare, HR and pay policies)